part of the Tinkerbell collection: blanket set for summer 2011

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Gypsy Ballet

It's nice to have time to continue the gypsy ballet look, most of the time I create my own patterns, but recently I discovered how organized it is to buy patterns at Fabricland.  They are useful for coming up with new ideas and a great way to learn as well.

I am loving my leopard print gold princess chairs, Ezra is all over them, I have many more reasons to use a staple gun.

In the next week or so I will be finishing a ballet tutu style crib skirt for my neice and a matching ballet painting, about 3 1/2 ft by 1 1/2 ft...white framed, acrylic on canvas...light colors but rich texture.

Also this week:  quilt-patch gypsy collection for Ezra:  using actual quilt fabrics in about 100 prints I am putting together a blend of articles including overalls, skirt jumpers, skirts, pants and dresses for fall/winter.  She is also a jeans girl, so I'll be detailing some of her special jeans with embroidery, home-made fabric flowers, as well as patching different jean scraps together to create skirts, little bags with pockets and some hair accessories.

September is also a time the kids start their new extra curricular activities, so I am working on some wardrobe extras for my son's back to school transition.  He loves music, hip-hop and has a big heart for the environment - so his home-made clothes will be long-lasting and kind to the earth in turn.

Late September and October is jewellery making month, I've had the tools for a few years and played around a few times with he materials I had laying around in storage...but it was important for me to patiently wait until I was truly inspired.  Now I am, and I am looking forward to sitting at my new dining room table on my new chairs and designing some treasures just for the love of it.  It's all about the choosing!!!  Thrift stores are my favorite, but as if I don't love bead stores.

During the winter I plan on painting more than anything, but the sewing machine is definitely not going to be neglected ever.

Outfit handmade:  shirt reconstructed out of tank from Mexico, skirt to match...hat from Mexico
So, off to the sewing room I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment